There had been staple foods that you can spot every time there is a celebration. Cakes of all shapes, sizes, and appearances are just one of them. Over the course of years, food served at parties also evolved.
Nowadays, a new breed of sweet treats is dominating kitchens, restaurants, and even retail stores. A creative twist to the traditional cake is cake pops. Many home cooks and professional bakers are now joining the trend of creating and earning from them. This is why learning how much are cake pops is a must.
What Are Cake Pops?
To put it simply, cake pops are a modern twist of a traditional cake that is shaped in the form of lollipops. They were first popularized a few years back but at present, have become a trending sweet treat for many occasions.
As a way of avoiding food waste and making use of cake leftovers, making cake pops are the best option. This allows cake pops to have a variety of flavors which is also the reason why it has become a popular treat during all kinds of celebrations.
Tips To Consider When Pricing Cake Pops
Cake pops are considered a very versatile treat. You can create a variety of flavors and it can be easily customizable. These are just some of the reasons why it is a popular treat nowadays. Furthermore, this is also why they are a fantastic product to sell.
However, to make a profit out of cake pops, you need to consider factors to determined how much you can sell them.
1. Ingredients – Creating a simple cake pop will require cake mix, candy melts, frosting, and lollipop sticks. However, since these treats are highly customizable, putting in a little twist or variety will require additional ingredients. All these need to be considered and taken into account when determining the price for your cake pops.
2. Kitchen supplies – Aside from the ingredient that you will be used to create cake pops, another factor to consider are the kitchen supplies. These are essential investments for your cake pop business that can be used in the long term as well.
3. Time spent and labor – Ingredients and kitchen supplies are not the important factors to take into account to price your cake pops correctly. Your time and effort in making these sweets treats are also as important.
4. Utilities consumed – Your kitchen will not function properly without water and electricity. The consumption of these utilities needs to be accounted for as well. You need to determine how long were the lights on, how much water was used, and how many plugged-in kitchen tools were utilized.
5. Product size – When determining the price for your cake pops, size does matter. Since these treats can be customizable, you can also set varying prices depending on their sizes.
6. Packaging – To make sure that your finished product will sell like hotcakes, you need to invest in how you package them. Selling cake pops per piece will require wraps for each one. On the other hand, selling them in bulk will only require you to use a pastry box which is cheaper.
7. Set your target profit – The aim of selling cake pops is to earn a profit. With all the other factors mentioned, the most important is knowing or setting your target profit per sale. This will allow you to set the correct selling price for your product with the assurance that you will profit from them.
Easy Cake Pops Recipe
• 1 pack of Cake Mix
• 1 cup of water
• 3 eggs
• ½ cup of vegetable oil
• 1 pack of chocolate frosting
• 18 pieces of lollipop sticks
• 1 bag of candy melts
• 1 tube decorating icing
1: The first step you need to do is to preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 175 degrees Celsius. While waiting, greasing a 9×13-inch baking dish.
2: Using an electric mixer, beat the cake mix, water, eggs, and oil in a bowl on low speed for 30 seconds. Carefully increase the speed to medium and beat for another 2 minutes. Afterward, pour the batter into your greased baking dish.
3: Place it inside the oven and let it bake for 20 to 30 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the cake and check if it comes out clean. If it does, your cake is done. Let it cool for at least an hour.
4: Using a large bowl, crumble your cake bread apart. Take your cake frosting and stir it into the cake crumbles until it becomes sticky. Let the mixture chill for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
5: Take out the mixture from the refrigerator and shape them into balls measuring 1 ½ inch in diameter. Place the balls into a baking sheet and insert a lollipop stick into each of them.
6: Using a microwave-safe bowl, melt ¼ cup of the chocolate melts in a microwave for 20 minutes. Dip your cake pops into the melted chocolate, then finish it off by decorating it with icing.