Welcome to the Gratz Park Inn
Gratz Park Inn - Welcome to Lexington’s Historic District
Authentic and timeless, the Gratz Park Inn welcomes you to sit and stay a spell.
Nestled in the heart of Kentucky horse and bourbon country, we are the only small boutique hotel located in Lexington’s Historic District, within walking distance to all downtown has to offer. Whether you’re a wedding guest, horse enthusiast, bourbon aficionado, corporate traveler or vacationer, the Gratz Park Inn is your destination for historic charm and Southern hospitality.
Our hotel offers a rich combination of appreciating the past while enjoying modern comforts. What could be more inviting than sinking into one of our cozy italian leather chairs in our well-appointed library, sipping some exquisite locally-distilled bourbon while reading a history of the area? Our hotel is full of one-of-a-kind furnishings and luxury extras.
The Gratz Park Inn sits on land first settled in 1781. Our area is full if historic landmarks and our front desk -- certified Southern Hospitality Ambassadors -- are ready to help you plan your Lexington adventure.
Try Our New Restaurant "Distilled at Gratz Park"
From award-winning Heirloom Restaurant in Midway, Ky stems "Distilled at Gratz Park." Chef Mark Wombles and team specialize in farm-to-table fare, incorporating an artful and elevated approach to southern cuisine in a comfortable atmosphere. Located in Historic Gratz Park Inn, the establishment removes all unnecessary ingredients from fine dining, leaving only the artistic expression food.
List of Upcoming Events and Local Attractions
- Joshua Bell Friday, April 3, 2015 Joshua Bell is one of the world's most celebrated violinists. He continues to enchant audiences with his breathtaking virtuosity, tone of sheer beauty and charismatic stage presence.
- CEaster Bunny Train Excursions April 4, 2015 Enjoy a ride on the Easter Bunny Train! It's an 11 mile, 90 minute round trip train excursion through the horse farms of Central Kentucky! Please arrive 15 minutes early.
- Kentucky Reptile Expo April 4, 2015 The Kentucky Reptile Expo features captive bred reptiles and supplies from some of the top breeders in the country. An excellent opportunity to see fascinating reptiles, amphibians, spiders, insects and more and talk with experts in their car...
- Central Kentucky Home and Garden Show April 10, 2015-April 12, 2015 (Recurring Daily) 40th Annual. An opportunity to turn your home and garden dreams into reality! The entire Lexington Center will be completely transformed for one weekend only, into a Home and Garden Extravaganza. Heritage Hall and Rupp Arena.
- Bluegrass Scenic Railroad Train Excursions April 11,2015-May, 9 2015 (Every Saturday) Every Saturday enjoy an 11 mile, 90 minute round trip train excursion through the horse farms of Central Kentucky! Please arrive 15 minutes early.
- Rolex Three Day Event. April 23, 2015- April 26, 2015 (Recurring daily) The Rolex Three Day Event is the only Four Star three-day equestrian event in the Western Hemisphere. Four Stars is the highest level of competition, the same level of competition as Eventing at the Olympics. For detailed information please go to the website www.rk3de.org.
- 2015 Breeders' Cup World Championships. Keeneland Race Course October 30-31, 2015
For the first time, Keeneland Race Course, one of the most iconic tracks in the country, will play host to the Breeders' Cup. Keeneland's extraordinary reputation for delivering a first-class racing and hospitality product made it a wonderful choice to host the 2015 Breeders' Cup.
Many of the great champions who will race in 2015 were foaled and raised here at Central Kentucky farms, and often purchased at Keeneland's Thoroughbred auctions. For many horses, it will be a homecoming, and we can't wait to say, "Welcome back!"
- The Square The Square offers visitors an exciting and original mix of shopping, galleries, restaurants, bars, and even a theater and museum for the kids. 401 West Main Street.Lexington, KY 40507
- Thoroughbred Park - 2.5-acre park with a limestone walking tour of the history of the Thoroughbred.
- Aviation Museum of Kentucky - Various historical aircrafts with interactive displays.
- Elk Creek Vineyards - In the rolling hills of Owen County just an hour’s drive from Lexington.
- Horse & Barrel – British-style local pub.
- DeSha’s Restaurant - Savory American entrees and top-barrel bourbons.
- Lenabelles Antiques & Interiors - Antiques and collectibles.
- DeVassa Bar & Cafe – Brazilian Tapas bar and dance club.
- Meadowthorpe Antique Mall - Antiques and collectibles.
- Jacobson Park - A 216-acre park with lake and boating, basketball, dog park, playing fields, fishing, volleyball, paddleboats, playgrounds and more.
- Le Deauville - French bistro with authentic sidewalk fine dining in downtown Lexington.
- LV Harkness-offers a wide selection of fine tableware and gift items including china and porcelain, silver, leather, crystal and trophies of all styles.
- January Antiques- offering a vast variety of 18th, 19th, and 20th century antiques