Welcome to the Gratz Park Inn
Gratz Park Inn - Welcome to Lexington’s Historic District
Authentic and timeless, the Gratz Park Inn welcomes you to sit and stay a spell.
Nestled in the heart of Kentucky horse and bourbon country, we are the only small boutique hotel located in Lexington’s Historic District, within walking distance to all downtown has to offer. Whether you’re a wedding guest, horse enthusiast, bourbon aficionado, corporate traveler or vacationer, the Gratz Park Inn is your destination for historic charm and Southern hospitality.
Our hotel offers a rich combination of appreciating the past while enjoying modern comforts. What could be more inviting than sinking into one of our cozy italian leather chairs in our well-appointed library, sipping some exquisite locally-distilled bourbon while reading a history of the area? Our hotel is full of one-of-a-kind furnishings and luxury extras.
The Gratz Park Inn sits on land first settled in 1781. Our area is full if historic landmarks and our front desk -- certified Southern Hospitality Ambassadors -- are ready to help you plan your Lexington adventure.
Try Our New Restaurant "Distilled at Gratz Park"
From award-winning Heirloom Restaurant in Midway, Ky stems "Distilled at Gratz Park," serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Chef Mark Wombles and team specialize in farm-to-table fare, incorporating an artful and elevated approach to southern cuisine in a comfortable atmosphere. Located in Historic Gratz Park Inn, the establishment removes all unnecessary ingredients from fine dining, leaving only the artistic expression food.
From Distilled Chef Mark Wombles: "Right now we are doing our "ahhhh shucks Monday" special dinner which focuses on shellfish and our patio. We do have a honey harvest dinner coming up this September. We also will have a fried chicken and champagne deal every Thursday night."
List of Upcoming Events and Local Attractions
- Keeneland Thoroughbred Racing and Keeneland Race Course- Oct 2-24 & 29
- Bourbon Chase KY Bourbon Trail/ Downtown Lexington- Oct 16-17
- Breeders Cup- Keeneland Race Course- Oct 30-31
- Lexington Farmer's Market Tuesday, April 7, 2015 – Tuesday, November 24, 2015 (Every Tuesday) The Lexington Farmers Market has just about everything in season in Kentucky. Including fruits, vegetables, eggs, meats, flowers, herbs, mushrooms, baked goods, coffee, honey, ice cream, jellies, jams, homemade soaps, doggy treats and much more!
- Artist's Market Saturday, June 6, 2015 – Saturday, August 22, 2015 (Every Saturday) Enjoy a weekly Art Fair every Saturday on the front lawn of the Old Court House!
- Bluegrass Farmer's Market- The Bluegrass Farmers' Market is the largest 100% homegrown/produced farmers' market providing locally grown products. Enjoy a wide assortment of vegetables, flowers, herbs and fruit, not to mention farm-fresh eggs, grass fed beef, lamb, cheese...
- The Red Mile 2015 Standardbred Meet- Sunday, July 26, 2015 – Saturday, October 10, 2015 (Every Sunday, Thursday, Saturday)The First part of the racing meet features the Kentucky Sire Stakes racing series culminating in the finals on Super Night with over $2 million in purses. New this year is the Kindergarten series for two year old trotters.
- Thursday Night Live-Every Thursday at Cheapside Park. Beverages, food from local restaurants and great music by live bands (Bands play from 5 - 7 p.m.) Sponsored by Central Bank.
- Tunes in the Vines- Featuring: D Jay Rice! Bring excitement to your Sunday and meet your friends at Equus Run Vineyards for a fun filled afternoon. Each week there will be different musical entertainment on the scenic patio stage.
- Kentucky Horse Park Run Club- Monday, June 1, 2015 – Monday, September 28, 2015 (Every Monday) Run or walk the 2-mile route, or an extended route with an additional 1.5 miles, at your own pace through the beautiful Kentucky Horse Park. Local beers and food trucks add to the fun. There are also horses out to meet and greet you!
- Lady Antebellum- Rupp Arena- Thursday, September 10, 2015 Wheels Up Tour. Also featuring Hunter Hayes and Sam Hunt.
- Kentucky Cork & Tap- Cheapside Park- Friday, September 11, 2015 Premier Wine and Beer Festival featuring local products.
- 35th Annual Festival of the Horse- Downtown Georgetown-Thursday, October 1, 2015 – Sunday, October 4, 2015 (Recurring daily) Exhibits, concessions, parades, carnival, arts and crafts and 5K run.
- Alltech National Horse Show-Tuesday, October 27, 2015 – Sunday, November 1, 2015 (Recurring daily)The National Horse Show is America’s oldest indoor horse show, firmly established as a major fixture on the national and international sports and social event calendars. The five day event features the nation’s top riders...
- Breeder's Cup Festival Week- Saturday, October 24, 2015 – Saturday, October 31, 2015 (Recurring daily)Come experience a multi-venue festival spotlighting live music, art, food and other cultural offerings. Enjoy free concerts at Cheapside Park and Courtyard Plaza, featuring local acts such as Ben Lacy and Tee Dee Young
- 2015 Breeders' Cup World Championships. Keeneland Race Course October 30-31, 2015For the first time, Keeneland Race Course, one of the most iconic tracks in the country, will play host to the Breeders' Cup. Keeneland's extraordinary reputation for delivering a first-class racing and hospitality product made it a wonderful choice to host the 2015 Breeders' Cup.Many of the great champions who will race in 2015 were foaled and raised here at Central Kentucky farms, and often purchased at Keeneland's Thoroughbred auctions. For many horses, it will be a homecoming, and we can't wait to say, "Welcome back!"
- Ice Skating in Triangle Park- Monday, November 2, 2015 – Monday, January 11, 2016 (Recurring daily)Tis the season for ice skating! Enjoy 90 minutes on the ice! Monday-Friday 4 p.m. - 9 p.m. Saturday 10 a.m. - 10 p.m. Sunday 1 p.m. - 10 p.
- The Square The Square offers visitors an exciting and original mix of shopping, galleries, restaurants, bars, and even a theater and museum for the kids. 401 West Main Street.Lexington, KY 40507
- Thoroughbred Park - 2.5-acre park with a limestone walking tour of the history of the Thoroughbred.
- Aviation Museum of Kentucky - Various historical aircrafts with interactive displays.
- Elk Creek Vineyards - In the rolling hills of Owen County just an hour’s drive from Lexington.
- Horse & Barrel – British-style local pub.
- Lenabelles Antiques & Interiors - Antiques and collectibles.
- DeVassa Bar & Cafe – Brazilian Tapas bar and dance club.
- Meadowthorpe Antique Mall - Antiques and collectibles.
- Jacobson Park - A 216-acre park with lake and boating, basketball, dog park, playing fields, fishing, volleyball, paddleboats, playgrounds and more.
- Le Deauville - French bistro with authentic sidewalk fine dining in downtown Lexington.
- LV Harkness-offers a wide selection of fine tableware and gift items including china and porcelain, silver, leather, crystal and trophies of all styles.
- January Antiques- offering a vast variety of 18th, 19th, and 20th century antiques