Welcome to the Gratz Park Inn
Gratz Park Inn - Welcome to Lexington’s Historic District
Authentic and timeless, the Gratz Park Inn welcomes you to sit and stay a spell.
Nestled in the heart of Kentucky horse and bourbon country, we are the only small boutique hotel located in Lexington’s Historic District, within walking distance to all downtown has to offer. Whether you’re a wedding guest, horse enthusiast, bourbon aficionado, corporate traveler or vacationer, the Gratz Park Inn is your destination for historic charm and Southern hospitality.
Our hotel offers a rich combination of appreciating the past while enjoying modern comforts. What could be more inviting than sinking into one of our cozy italian leather chairs in our well-appointed library, sipping some exquisite locally-distilled bourbon while reading a history of the area? Our hotel is full of one-of-a-kind furnishings and luxury extras.
The Gratz Park Inn sits on land first settled in 1781. Our area is full if historic landmarks and our front desk -- certified Southern Hospitality Ambassadors -- are ready to help you plan your Lexington adventure.
Opening Soon! "Distilled at Gratz Park"
From award-winning Heirloom Restaurant in Midway, Ky stems "Distilled at Gratz Park." Chef Mark Wombles and team specialize in farm-to-table fare, incorporating an artful and elevated approach to southern cuisine in a comfortable atmosphere. Located in Historic Gratz Park Inn, the establishment removes all unnecessary ingredients from fine dining, leaving only the artistic expression food.
List of Upcoming Events and Local Attractions
- Central Bank Thursday Night Live – FREE downtown concert series at Cheapside Park features live bands. Local restaurants sell delicious food and beverages. Every Thursday evening from 4:30-8 p.m. http://www.downtownlex.com
- Woodsongs Old-Time Radio Hour – This worldwide-syndicated radio show tapes LIVE Monday nights at the historic Lyric Theatre in downtown Lexington. Join folk legend Michael Johnathon for this live-audience broadcast “conversation” with new and established artists, with audience seating from 6:15 to 6:45 p.m. http://www.woodsongs.com
- The Chamber Music Festival of the Bluegrass – This unforgettable annual concert series features the greatest musicians playing musical masterpieces in some of Lexington’s most treasured historic barns and meeting spaces. The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center is featured in this event hosted by the historic preservation society Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill. Events are held at the Meadow View Barn and the Meeting House in Harrodsburg, Kentucky. http://www.shakervillageky.org/chamber_music_festival/
- Thoroughbred Park - 2.5-acre park with a limestone walking tour of the history of the Thoroughbred.
- Aviation Museum of Kentucky - Various historical aircrafts with interactive displays.
- Elk Creek Vineyards - In the rolling hills of Owen County just an hour’s drive from Lexington.
- Horse & Barrel – British-style local pub.
- DeSha’s Restaurant - Savory American entrees and top-barrel bourbons.
- Lenabelles Antiques & Interiors - Antiques and collectibles.
- DeVassa Bar & Cafe – Brazilian Tapas bar and dance club.
- Meadowthorpe Antique Mall - Antiques and collectibles.
- Jacobson Park - A 216-acre park with lake and boating, basketball, dog park, playing fields, fishing, volleyball, paddleboats, playgrounds and more.
- Le Deauville - French bistro with authentic sidewalk fine dining in downtown Lexington.
- LV Harkness-offers a wide selection of fine tableware and gift items including china and porcelain, silver, leather, crystal and trophies of all styles.
- January Antiques- offering a vast variety of 18th, 19th, and 20th century antiques