Welcome to the Gratz Park Inn
Gratz Park Inn - Welcome to Lexington’s Historic District
Authentic and timeless, the Gratz Park Inn welcomes you to sit and stay a spell.
Nestled in the heart of Kentucky horse and bourbon country, we are the only small boutique hotel located in Lexington’s Historic District, within walking distance to all downtown has to offer. Whether you’re a wedding guest, horse enthusiast, bourbon aficionado, corporate traveler or vacationer, the Gratz Park Inn is your destination for historic charm and Southern hospitality.
Our hotel offers a rich combination of appreciating the past while enjoying modern comforts. What could be more inviting than sinking into one of our cozy italian leather chairs in our well-appointed library, sipping some exquisite locally-distilled bourbon while reading a history of the area? Our hotel is full of one-of-a-kind furnishings and luxury extras.
The Gratz Park Inn sits on land first settled in 1781. Our area is full if historic landmarks and our front desk -- certified Southern Hospitality Ambassadors -- are ready to help you plan your Lexington adventure.
"Distilled at Gratz Park"
From award-winning Heirloom Restaurant in Midway, Ky stems "Distilled at Gratz Park," serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Chef Mark Wombles and team specialize in farm-to-table fare, incorporating an artful and elevated approach to southern cuisine in a comfortable atmosphere. Located in Historic Gratz Park Inn, the establishment removes all unnecessary ingredients from fine dining, leaving only the artistic expression food.
Wake up to a great breakfast!
Try our "Kentuckian" - two eggs any style , red potato home fries, Stone cross Farm sausage or smoked bacon.
Another Lexington favorite… Fried Chicken Biscuit N’ Gravy
Join us in our dining room on first floor!
Upcoming Events and Local Attractions
Friday, April 8, 2016 – Friday, April 29, 2016 (Recurring daily)
Enjoy liveThoroughbred racing. No racing on Monday, Tuesday or Easter.
- 4201 Versailles Road
- Lexington, KY 40510
- (800) 456-3412
The Rolex Three Day Event is the only Four Star three-day equestrian event in the Western Hemisphere. Four Stars is the highest level of competition, the same level of competition as Eventing at the Olympics.
- Dates: Thursday, April 28, 2016 - Sunday, May 1, 2016
- Venue: Kentucky Horse Park
- Recurrence:Recurring daily
Get downtown every Thursday, April 7 - October 13, for Central Bank Thursday Night Live! Join thousands of your closest friends for live music, local food and beverage vendors, and the hottest party in town. The event takes place each week at the Fifth Third Bank Pavilion at Cheapside Park (251 W. Main St). This event is rain or shine!
- Dates: Thursday, April 7, 2016 - October 13, 2016
Every Saturday enjoy an 11 mile, 90 minute round trip train excursion through the horse farms of Central Kentucky! Please arrive 15 minutes early.
- Dates: Saturday, April 16, 2016 - Sunday, May 8, 2016
- Times:Starting: 2:00 PM
- Venue: Bluegrass Scenic Railroad and Museum
- Recurrence:Every Sunday, Saturday
Celebrate Derby Day at Keeneland Race Course for the 141st running of the Kentucky Derby! With more than 1,000 televisions, easy access to wagering, great food, activities for the Kids, Derby Day at Keeneland Race Course is the perfect place to share in the excitement of the run for the roses!
- Saturday, May 7, 2016 - Saturday, May 7, 2016
- Times:Starting: 9:00 AM
- Venue: Keeneland Race Course
Enjoy the thrills of hurdle and flat racing from a variety of vantage points. Family friendly activities include Stick Horse Races, Terrier Races, Parade of the Woodford Hounds, a children's area and shopping in the retail area. Tailgating is a tradition at this outdoor event.
- Sunday, May 22, 2016 - Sunday, May 22, 2016
- Times:Starting: 11:00 AM
- Venue: Kentucky Horse Park
Enjoy a one-of-a-kind Father's Day dinner event as Julian and Preston Van Winkle guide you through a tasting of the various ages of Van Winkle Bourbon.
- Friday, June 17, 2016 - Friday, June 17, 2016
- Times:Starting: 6:00 PM
- Venue: Buffalo Trace Distillery
- The Square The Square offers visitors an exciting and original mix of shopping, galleries, restaurants, bars, and even a theater and museum for the kids. 401 West Main Street.Lexington, KY 40507
- Thoroughbred Park - 2.5-acre park with a limestone walking tour of the history of the Thoroughbred.
- Aviation Museum of Kentucky - Various historical aircrafts with interactive displays.
- Elk Creek Vineyards - In the rolling hills of Owen County just an hour’s drive from Lexington.
- Horse & Barrel – British-style local pub.
- DeVassa Bar & Cafe – Brazilian Tapas bar and dance club.
- Meadowthorpe Antique Mall - Antiques and collectibles.
- Jacobson Park - A 216-acre park with lake and boating, basketball, dog park, playing fields, fishing, volleyball, paddleboats, playgrounds and more.
- LV Harkness-offers a wide selection of fine tableware and gift items including china and porcelain, silver, leather, crystal and trophies of all styles.